Amazon's Two-Step Verification adds an extra layer of security by asking you to enter a unique security code in addition to your password on computers and devices that you haven't designated as trusted.
1. Sign in to your Amazon.com account.
2. Go to “Your Account” and select “Change Account Settings.”
3. Click “Edit” in the Advanced Security Settings section. Then click “Get started.”
4. Add your primary phone number (this phone must be able to receive SMS/text messages) or download and configure an authenticator app and click “Send code.”
5. Enter the code that was sent to your phone number or generated through the authenticator app and click “Verify code and continue.”
6. Do either of the following:
Add a back-up phone number and decide on a delivery format (text message or voice call).
Download and configure an authenticator app. This will allow you to generate security codes when you’re unable to receive messages on your device.
7. Click “Got it. Turn on Two-Step Verification.”
For more information visit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201962420
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.