AOL now offers 2-Factor Authentication that the company believes is a strong addition to the security of your account.
1. Sign in to your account as you usually would.
2. Go into your settings and under “2-Factor Authentication,” click “Set up” in the right-hand column.
3. You will then be prompted to enter a phone number. Enter the mobile number that you’d like to receive sign-in codes on.
4. Choose between “Call me” and “Text me” depending on how you would like to verify your number.
5. Enter the verification code in the field provided and click “Verify.”
6. Your Disable Code will now be displayed. It is important that you store this code in a safe place because this will be the code you use to access your account in case your phone is lost, stolen, or can’t be accessed.
7. Once you store your Disable Code somewhere safe, click “OK, I saved this.”
8. Click “Turn On” and you’re all done! You now have 2-Factor Authentication all set up.
For more information visit: https://help.aol.com/articles/2-factor-authentication-stronger-than-your-password-alone
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.