Two-step verification is an additional security feature for your Apple ID that's designed to prevent anyone from accessing or using your account, even if they know your password.
It requires you to verify your identity using one of your devices or another approved method before you can:
Sign in to My Apple ID to manage your account
Sign in to iCloud on a new device or at iCloud.com
Sign in to iMessage, Game Center, or FaceTime
Make an iTunes, iBooks, or App Store purchase from a new device
Get Apple ID related support from Apple
1. Go to My Apple ID. Select Manage your Apple ID and sign in.
2. Select Password and Security.
3. Answer your security questions and click Continue.
4. Under Two-Step Verification, select Get Started and follow the onscreen instructions.
Important things to remember.
- Once enabled, the only way to make changes to your account will be to sign in with two-step verification.
5. This is the first page in the setup process. Click continue.
6. Add a phone number, click Next
7. A verification code is sent to this number. Once received, enter into the field provided and click Verify.
8. Set up your trusted devices and click Continue.
9. Print or write down your recovery key! Continue to the next step.
10. Enter your recovery key and click Confirm.
For more information visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.