Two-step verification is an additional security feature for your Apple ID that's designed to prevent anyone from accessing or using your account, even if they know your password. It requires you to verify your identity using one of your devices or another approved method before you can:
Sign in to My Apple ID to manage your account
Sign in to iCloud on a new device or at iCloud.com
Sign in to iMessage, Game Center, or FaceTime
Make an iTunes, iBooks, or App Store purchase from a new device
Get Apple ID related support from Apple
Two-step verification is a feature you can use to keep your Apple ID and personal information as secure as possible.
2. Select Password and Security. Answer your security questions and click Continue.
3. Under Two-Step Verification, select Get Started and follow the onscreen instructions.
4. With two-step verification, your identity will be verified using one of your devices before you can make changes to your account, sign in to iCloud, or make iTunes or App Store purchases from a new device. Click Continue.
5. Add Phone Number.
Enter a phone number that can receive SMS messages. This can be your own number, or the number of someone you trust. Click Next and Continue.
6. A code will be sent to your phone via text. Verify your phone by entering the 4-digit code into the fields provided.
6. You will receive a Recovery Key. Write this code down, print it or save a screenshot. Do NOT lose this key, it will be needed to uncover access to your account if you lose your device.
7. Confirm your Recovery Key by entering it into the field provided to confirm you have a copy. Click Confirm.
8. You must agree to the conditions displayed. Check the box “I understand the conditions above” and click Two-step Verification.
For more information visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.