Add another layer of security to your Basecamp account by enabling phone verification. Every time you sign in, Basecamp sends a text message to your mobile phone with a verification code. You can also verify your sign in with a phone call. Phone verification is applied to all the accounts you access with your ID. You'll also be prompted for a security code on mobile devices.
1. To set up phone verification, click Me in the top menu, and then “Update your personal info.”
2. Scroll to the bottom and click “Add your mobile phone to this account.”
3. Enter your phone number, and pick your security questions. Basecamp uses the answers to sign you in if you’re without your phone.
4. Verify your phone with the code Basecamp sends you.
5. Verify your password.
6. You’ll then see a confirmation page.
Once you’ve set up phone verification, 2FA will be enabled and applied each time you log in. After you enter your ID and password, you’ll get a text message. Note: if you don’t want a text massage, click “Call my phone instead.” That will be your default verification method from now on. You can switch back to text messages at any time.
If you forget or don’t have access to your phone, on the code verification page, click to get a code from Basecamp support staff and then follow the verification instructions. Enter the code you receive. The authorization lasts until you click “Sign out.”
For more information visit: https://basecamp.com/help/guides/you/phone-verification
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.