All Dynadot accounts come with Two Factor Authentication (2FA) at no extra cost. Setting up these extra domain security measures is optional, but recommended as it increases the security of your Dynadot account by requiring two factor authentication.
1. Sign in to your account as you normally do, and go to your Account. Hover over the My Info tab and click Account Lock Unlock your account by entering your birthday in the fields provided. Choose which you prefer to set up your 2FA, Google Authenticator or SMS. (This tutorial is for SMS.)
2. Under the “SMS Authentication” column, enter in your cellphone number (country code in the first box, full phone number in the second box) and select your carrier from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the “Set SMS Phone Number” button.
4. Next, click on the “Send SMS Token” button. A 6-digit code will be sent to your cellphone number to ensure you have access to the cellphone number you entered. This test code will expire 1 hour after it is sent.
5. Enter in the SMS test code in the “Enter Token” box.
6. Click on the “Enable SMS” button to save your changes.
If the correct test code is entered, your SMS settings will be saved for your account.
For more information visit: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/security.html
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.