When you turn on login approvals for Facebook you'll be asked to enter a special security code each time you try to access your Facebook account from a new computer or mobile phone. After you log in, you'll have the option to give that device a name and save it to your account. You won't have to enter a code when you log in to any of these recognized devices or browsers.
1. Go to your Settings page, found in the top right drop down menu at the top of the page.
2. Click on Security from the menu on the left. This page will show you options for Login Alerts and Login Approvals.
3. Turn on 2FA by going to Login Approvals, and clicking on Edit. Next you will be asked if you want to require a security code to access your account from unknown devices. Check this box.
4. A pop-up then explains how this works. Click Get Started.
5. You will be asked for a phone number (if you have not already provided one for your account) and a confirmation code will be be sent via SMS to this number.
6. Once you receive the SMS with the confirmation code, enter it and click Continue.
7. Login Approval setup is complete.
For more info on Login Approvals visit: https://www.facebook.com/help/413023562082171.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.