FastMail supports 2FA with either OATH TOTP (Google Authenticator) or a YubiKey.
1. Go to your account menu and click on your Advanced option.
2. Open the Alternative Logins page.
3. Once the page opens you must fill in the following fields:
- Friendly name: 2-factor login (or whatever else you like)
- Login type: Select “Google Authenticator (OATH TOTP)” or “YubiKey Online + Password (2 factor)”, depending on which 2nd factor you wish to use.
- Base password: This is the password you will need to remember to log in. It needs to be reasonably secure, but memorable.
- Yubikey value: If you are selected YubiKey as your login type, this text box will appear. Focus the text box, then insert your YubiKey and press the button on it when it lights up.
- Full access: Make sure this box is ticked.
- Master password: Type in your master password (as set in step 1) to verify the change.
4. Click “Create Alternative Login” when you are finished.
4. If you selected “YubiKey” as your login type, you’re all done. If you selected “Google Authenticator” or SMS as your login type, you will now be taken to a page with the code you need to either scan or type in to the TOTP app on your phone to register your FastMail account with it.
For more information visit: htps://www.fastmail.com/help/account/2fa.html
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.