With two-factor authentication enabled on your Gandi account, you will still log in with your usual Gandi handle and password, but then you will be asked for a one-time token that you will generate on your smartphone, tablet, or computer--by using a special application.
1. Begin by going to “Account management,” click on Account security.
2. From the Account Security page, scroll down to where you see “Two-factor authentication” and click Activate.
Then, begin by providing your Gandi handle’s password and an emergency telephone number. This number will be useful in the event that you lose your authentication key.
3. Type your Base 32-encoded authentication key (seed) in your TOTP application where requested or scan the QRcode displayed on the page, and click Submit to continue.
The authentication key (seed) that you are given can be used for multiple devices simultaneously. You can share it by copy and pasting the seed to your collaborators, or by copying the QRcode image and distributing it to them as well.
4. Now you will see a final form where you need to indicate your Gandi handle’s password, and the 6-digit token that your TOTP application generates (you will need to generate it first). Remember that your token is only valid for 30 seconds.
5. Once you have validated that form, two-factor authentication will be enabled for your account. This activation process is done in a way to assure that you know how to use this feature before it is applied to your account, so that you don’t lock yourself out.
For more information visit: https://wiki.gandi.net/en/contacts/login/2-factor-activation
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.