Guild Wars 2 uses Mobile Authentication to protect its user accounts. It requires you to prove your identity when logging into the game by providing a code from a mobile app (in addition to inputting your normal account name and password).
1. Visit the app store for your mobile platform of choice, and locate the “Google Authenticator” app. This app is provided free of charge. The two-factor authentication scheme used for Guild Wars 2 is fully compatible with this app.
2. Once you’ve downloaded the app to your mobile device, follow these steps, launch the app on your mobile device and select Begin Setup.
3. Use your computer to log in to your account, go to Account Management, and then go to the Security section. Click SET UP THE APP and then NEXT to proceed to the linking screen.
4. Either manually type the displayed code in to your mobile device (after selecting Enter provided key), or scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen (after selecting Scan a Barcode).
5. Enter the code displayed on your mobile device into the box displayed below the QR code and click NEXT.
Once you authenticate a network once, it is saved as an authorized network for your account, and you will not be asked to authenticate it again. You can view a list of all your authorized networks in the Security section of Account Management. You can also remove previously authorized networks from this list, which will prevent access to your account from those networks unless another authentication code is entered.
For more information visit: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27626157-Two-Factor-Authentication
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.