Launchpad uses two-factor authentication (2FA) to increase your security. In addition to a password (the first factor), you need something else in order to access the system. As of April 2014, 2FA is available only to beta testers. If you are interested in trying it, go to launchpad.net/~sso-2f-testers and add yourself to the group. The feature will be fully rolled out to the public as soon as it's ready.
1. Go to launchpad.net/~sso-2f-testers and add yourself to the beta-tester group.
2. Log into your Launchpad account.
3. Click the tab that says “Authentication Devices.”
4. Click “Add a new authentication device.”
5. Select a device type.
6. Follow the instructions on screen.
7. Select “Always” for “Require an authentication device,” and click “Update.”
8. Launchpad recommends adding a second device as a backup in case your primary device gets lost or out of sync.
For more information visit: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSO/FAQs/2FA
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.