Two-step verification adds a second layer of protection to your LogMeIn account. Once you set up two-step verification, your login procedure changes: After entering your LogMeIn ID and password, you also are required to verify your identity using either a mobile authenticator app or text message (or using a backup method, which can be either text message or email).
1. Go to LogMeIn.com, join.me, or cubby.com.
2. Log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
3. At the top of the page, click your LogMeIn ID (email address) and then “Account Settings.” The Account Settings page is displayed.
4. Under “Security,” look for “Two-Step Verification” and click get started.
5. Choose the primary method you want to use to receive codes.
To receive codes via text message sent to your phone, choose “Set up text message” and follow these steps:
6. Enter the phone number to which login codes should be sent and click “Next.” A code is sent.
Go to your phone and open the text message from LogMeIn.
Enter the code from the text message on the Verify phone number page.
Click “Finish text setup.”
6. Choose the backup method you want to use to receive codes when your primary method is unavailable.
When your primary method is text message, you must enter an email address as your backup.
- Click “Set up email.”
- Enter the email address you want to use to receive codes. To use the same address you use to log in to LogMeIn, click “Use your LogMeIn ID.”
- Go to your email inbox and open the message from LogMeIn.
- Enter the code on the Set up email page in your browser.
- Click “Finish email setup.”
7. Upon your next login, you can expect something different depending on the type of 2FA you have chosen to enable.
Text message: Enter the one-time code sent to the number.
Primary method is unavailable: Request a code via your backup.
For more information visit: https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/webhelp/EN/CentralUserGuide/LogMeIn/c_common_Security_TwoStep.html.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.