Two-step verification provides increased security for everything that you access with your Norton account. It does so by requiring your password as usual and a special verification code when you sign in. This code is specific to your account and changes every time you sign in. With two-step verification added, even if someone steals or guesses your password they would also need your phone to access your account.
1. Sign in to your account as you normally do, and go to your Account settings. In the Security section, locate “2 Step Verification” and click Setup.
2. Click Get Started.
Select a method for receiving verification codes.You can receive verification codes by using Norton’s free VIP programs for mobile or desktop, or by voice call/text. You can also use a purchased VIP hardware device that generates codes.
Important: You will need to set up at least two methods for receiving codes, in case your default method is unavailable. You can use a friend or family member’s phone for a backup.You can have any combination of methods so long as you have at least two set up.
3. Select a method and click Next.
4. Enter your phone number in the space provided. A security code will be sent to your phone.
5. Enter the security code sent via text to your phone into the field provided and click Next.
6. Choose a backup method. Select one and click next. Once you have verified your backup, you will be finished setting up two-step verification.
For more information visit: https://login.norton.com/sso/embedded/learn2fa
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.