If you turn on two-step verification for OneDrive, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted. When it’s turned off, you only get and re-send security codes periodically, and when there might be a risk to your account security.
1. Go to the Security Settings page, and sign in with your Microsoft account.
2. Under Two-Step Verification, choose Set Up Two-Step Verification to turn it on.
3. This screen will pop up explaining what you must already have and how you can move forward. Click Next.
4. Select which mobile device you would like to use, click Next.
5. You will be asked if you would like to set up an authenticator app for your phone. Choose one and follow the directions, or skip this step altogether if you do not wish to set it up.
6. Two-step verification is turned on. Click Next.
7. You will be asked if you would like to set up your phone with an app password. Select your device type and follow the instructions.
For more information visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.