To activate two-factor authentication for Posteo you will need a free one-time password app, e.g. FreeOTP (for iPhone, iPad and Android devices), Authenticator (for Windows phones) or 2-Step Authenticator (for Blackberry). In principle, you can use any app that uses the open standard TOTP. Such apps are also available for desktop operating systems, e.g. WinAuth (for Windows), OTP Manager (for Mac OS X) or oathtool (for Linux).
1. After installing a one-time password app, open the app, and then open Settings in the webmail interface. Select Change Password.
2. Enter your Posteo password in the “Two-factor authentication” section. Confirm that you have installed an app and click Activate two-factor authentication.
3. Transfer the secret key for two-factor authentication to your device by taking an image of the QR code or barcode that is shown.
Alternatively, you can enter the key manually (Base32 characters above the QR code). In this case, choose the SHA1 algorithm.
4. Two-factor authentication is now activated on your device and the app will display a new one-time password every 30 seconds. Enter this one-time password and then click Confirm Activation.
5. Two-factor authentication is now set up on your device. You will need a one-time password the next time you log in. Type this into the field provided and click Verify.
For more information visit: https://posteo.de/en/help/what-is-two-factor-authentication-and-how-do-i-set-it-up
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.