Two-factor authentication introduces an additional layer of security to your account by requesting an automatically generated token when logging in from a new location. QuickFile relies on Google Authenticator to generate this token.
1. Log in to your QuickFile account and navigate to the Account Settings area.
2. Scroll down and look for the “2-Factor Authentication” option.
3. Install the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone. Google Authenticator is available for iPhone/iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices.
4. Scan the QR code on the 2-factor setup screen using the Google Authenticator app.
5. Enter the 6-digit code provided by Google Authenticator into the box on the screen and click “Authenticate.” This will activate 2-factor authentication.
Setting up other team members for 2FA
Note that only the account administrator will be able to access the 2-Factor Authentication setup screen; whoever is the nominated account administrator should setup 2-factor authentication first. Once the account administrator has been setup for 2-Factor uthentication they must then issue an invitation to each of the remaining team members (if applicable) so they to can access the system.
6. Click “Setup additional team members.”
7. A drop-down menu will appear, allowing each team member to be selected. An authentication e-mail can then be sent to each. This will send a link to a secure area where each team member can individually sync their devices with the 2-factor authentication service.
8. Once 2-Factor Authentication has been enabled on your account you will notice an additional box on the login screen. You must now enter the token within Google Authenticator along with your e-mail and password. If you prefer not to have to enter the Google Authenticator code each time you login from a particular location you can check the box to remember you. Whenever you access from a different location you would need to provide the token.
For more information visit: http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/2-factor-authentication/8892