Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to your Slack account. Once you enable two factor authentication, you will be prompted to enter a verification code in addition to your normal password whenever you sign in to Slack. If you're a member of multiple teams, you will need to set this up for each account you own. You can find the link to enable 2FA for each of your accounts below.
1. Download and install an authentication app on your phone or tablet. Slack 2FA will work with most time-based, one-time Password (TOTP) applications. Note the Slack beta app on the Windows phone does not support 2FA.
2. Visit your “Account Settings” page.
3. On the Settings tab, click “expand” next to “Two factor authentication.”
4. Enter your password, then click “Enable two factor authentication.”
5. Open your preferred authentication app and:
Tap the + or … icon to add an account.
- Scan the QR code image using your phone’s camera, or select “I’d like to type a code in by hand.”
6. On the 2FA configuration page, enter a 6-digit verification code generated by the app, then click “Verify Code.”
For more information visit: https://slack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204509068-Enabling-two-factor-authentication
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.