Softlayer provides 2FA on their Portal accounts. Learn how to turn it on by following the below instructions.
1. First you will need to set up the Verisign “VIP Access” application. If you have not done this yet go to https://m.vip.symantec.com/home.v and download the application for your phone. Alternatively you may download the desktop application here: https://idprotect.verisign.com/desktop/download.v/.
2. Once installed, simply open the application. The Credential ID will be at the top, while your current one-time password will be at the bottom. For now we will ignore the password, but we will need the Credential ID for the portal so keep the application open.
3. Next, log in to the portal as the user for which you would like to configure one-time password access by going to https://control.softlayer.com.
4. Once logged in, click on “Account” then “Users.”
5. Next, click on “Actions” and then “Add External Authentication” and choose the type of authentication you are adding. If you are using the Verisign application, choose “Symantect Identity Protection.”
6. Enter the credential ID mentioned in step 2 and click “Continue.”
7. Finish out the ordering process and your additional security option will be automatically applied in just a few minutes.
8. After several minutes, access the Users page and select the user for whom you configured the one-time password.
9. Under the section “Symantec Validation Settings,” click the “Update Credential” link.
10. On the pop-up windows, select “Enabled” for the Credential State and click “Update credential.”
- After the additional security option has been processed successfully, you can proceed to login to the portal as normal. However, after you submit your username and password, you will see a new screen asking for your “security code”. You will now need to open up your Verisign Identity Protection application on your preferred device and provide the code that it displays to login. You should then be logged in to the portal as normal.
- Make sure that you never lose your original Verisign Identity Protection credential ID, otherwise you will not be able to access the portal. If you lose your credential, or need further assistance, please call SoftLayer support.
For more information visit: http://knowledgelayer.softlayer.com/procedure/configure-portal-account-one-time-password-access-manage
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.