One-Time Passwords are available as a means of further securing your Square Enix account. By using a One-Time Password in combination with your Square Enix ID and password, you will be able to further secure your account. The Software Token is a smartphone application designed to display One-Time Passwords. After registering for the service, a One-Time Password will be shown on screen every time the application is launched. Using this application will dramatically improve account security. The application itself is free to use.
1. Users will require the following to use the Software Token application:
|*||Users will need to have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration codes.|
• A smartphone using either the iOS or Android operating systems.
|*||iOS version 4.0 or higher, and Android version 2.2 or higher.|
2. Log in to the Square Enix account management system and open the “One-Time Password” page.
3. Select Configure Software Token Application at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions to generate a registration password to be sent to the e-mail address registered to your Square Enix account.
During the process, you will be instructed to download the Software Token application and should do so at that time.
If a Security Token is already being used, you will be unable to register the Software Token until you remove the Security Token from your account.
4. Launch the application once it is downloaded and installed. The application will first prompt you to select the language you wish to use (i.e., American English, British English, French, German, or Japanese).
5. The application will then request the following information. Enter your user information into the corresponding fields and select OK to complete the registration:
• Your Square Enix ID (The ID used when generating the registration password)
• Your date of birth (The year and date of birth registered on your Square Enix account)
• The registration password (This will have been sent to your registered e-mail address)
Once registration is complete, a One-Time Password will be displayed. A new One-Time Password will be generated every time the application is launched. Make sure to enter your Square Enix ID, Square Enix password, and the displayed One-Time Password when logging in to your account.
You will now be able to enjoy online gaming with maximum security!
For more information visit: http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.