WordPress.com offers two step authentication via mobile device. Your mobile device is verified by sending a code via one of a couple of methods. This tutorial will focus on the SMS method. Once you’ve verified your device, any time you log in with your password, Wordpress sends a new code to your device, which you must input before logging in. It adds a small extra step to the login process but makes your account much more secure.
1. Go to your Two-Step Authentication settings page at WordPress.com. Or, you can reach Settings by clicking on your Gravatar image from the WordPress.com home page.
2. Next, click the Security link in the navigation on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. Then, click on Two-Step Authentication and then Get Started.
4. Here you’ll be prompted to select your country and to provide your mobile phone number (without country code and spaces or dashes). After doing so, click Verify Via SMS.
5. Within a few moments, you should receive a text message that includes a 7-digit number. Enter this number in the blank provided and click Enable.
6. From this point forward, you can print and verify backup codes as documented above. Your account is now protected by two-step authentication.
For more information visit: https://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.