Google offers 2-Step Verification to protect the security of user accounts on all its apps.
1. Log in to your Google Account as you usually would.
2. Click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner, and select “My Account.” You will be directed to this page, click “Sign-In & security.”
3. Scroll down to the Signing In section and you will see 2-Step Verification listed as “Off.” Click on 2-Step Verification.
4. You will be directed to this page. Click “Start Setup.”
5. Set up your phone number with Google if you have not already done so. Enter your number in the field provided and click “Send Code.”
6. Enter the verification number Google sends you in the field provided and click Verify.
7. You’re almost done! If you trust the computer you are using in this setup process, check the box labeled “Trust this computer” and click Next.
8. Now that you’ve set up your number and trusted device with 2-Step Verification, click Confirm to finalize the process.
9. Once you’re finished, you’ll be taken to the 2-Step Verification settings page. You can review your settings and add backup phone numbers. The next time you sign in, you’ll receive a text message with a verification code.
For more information visit: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en&ref_topic=1099588
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.