In order to manage all account details for your PlayStation Network account, including security and turning on ‘2-Step Verification’, you will need to sign in at the Sony Entertainment Network site, found at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. Once enabled, you will be prompted to enter a one-time-passcode for your PlayStation Network account when you access it from a new device.
1. From your account dashboard, go to your account tab at the top of the page.
2. Click on Security from the menu on the left. This page will allow you to update your security credentials and offer a link to a page where you can enable 2-Step Verification.
3. Click on “this page” in the section for enabling 2-Step Verification. This will prompt you to go to another page to complete the security process.
4. Here you may be prompted to re-login to your account.
5. Once you have arrived at the 2-Step Verification page, you will be prompted with several options. Click on the Edit button next to the Status option. You will be asked to reenter your password to confirm your identity.
6. Click on Activate at the bottom right corner of the screen.
7. Enter in your mobile phone number, adjusting the country code as needed. Hit Continue and you will be sent a verification code.
8. Enter in the verification code in the box on your screen and click Verify. If you did not receive the code, you can click Resend Code to have a new one sent to your phone.
2-Step Verification is complete.
For more info on 2-Step Verification visit: https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Information-about-2-Step-Verification